Tuesday, October 7, 2008

If I were McCain's Speechwriter, This is What he'd Say

McCain Speech: False Accusation of Cutting Social Security.

Thank you all for being here tonight. It has come to my attention that Sen. Obama is accusing me of being in support of cutting the benefits of social security. This is not true. I am here to set the record straight.

In 2005 Bush proposed a plan that would slow that growth of retirement benefits in the future, the future being the year 2075. It is true that I was in support of this plan; however, this supposed ‘price indexing’, that would result in 49 percent lower benefits in 2075, is not the plan that Bush or I supported.

The real plan that Bush and I supported was just a plan to slow the increasing rate of benefits. This would not even effect any retires now or even in the near future.
But the truth is, the Social Security system is having financial problems. Something must be done. I am trying to seek a bipartisan deal from congress to fix this problem, because something must be done.

Something must be done, for the Americans of today.

Something must be done, for the Americans of tomorrow.

And that something must be done now.

Thank you all, and God bless.

No comments: